Renting November-April Only
* Cherry Tree Lodge is a large, 2600sf (242sm), private 3BR/3bath home in Manchester Center, Vermont. Located in the midst of the glorious Green Mountains, it exudes a rustic retreat feel yet is very modern in amenities and recently remodeled. Our Lodge is very uniquely designed and truly a gorgeous escape nestled "Up the hill" via a private drive. It is located on the side of its own mountain overlooking Stone Valley Byway, with inspiring views of the Green Mountains.
* Designed by renown New England architect Jeffrey Barnes, the home is reminiscent of Frank Lloyd Wright's style with lots of wood, port windows and curved walls. Immediately upon entering the checkerboard floor foyer, you see 18 windows filled with expansive views of the Green Mountain range. In front of you is a spacious open floor plan, 2 story great room with towering wood burning, brick fireplace. The prominent 200 year old axe hewn barn beams throughout speak to the history of the area, a French country kitchen and DR declares a home full of comfort. A glance down you see nailed, wide plank pine floors throughout the 1st floor, (2) BR's and checkerboard foyer.
* A curved wooden staircase leads you to a huge 2nd floor 3rd BR with 2 queen beds, hers & his cedar lined closets and a sitting sunroom. BR 1 has one queen and BR 2 has a queen and twin, both with baths and walk-in closets. All BR's have spacious baths and premium queen beds. Depending upon sleeping arrangements, we can accommodate up to 9 adults.
* As you float out the tall glass doors, step onto our patio bordered by a stone wall. As you gaze towards the majestic Green Mountains, you may see clouds hanging at the top. You are surrounded by our private 2 acres of woods and you will note we have our very own private 'valley' right off the rolling ledge.
* Cherry Tree Lodge is secluded on a mountain side YET located only .25 mile walk (7 mins) to Manchester Center, our quaint town of 4000 . You will enjoy many great restaurants, pubs, local shops and major outlet stores such as Orvis, Armani, Ralph Lauren, Eileen Fischer, Eddie Bauer and more.
* A four season vacation area, Manchester is known for spring/summer hiking, biking, fly fishing, kayaking, bird watching, antiquing while in the fall/winter enjoy snowmobiling, snowshoeing and fantastic downhill/cross country skiing. We are within 1 hr of 8 ski resorts including Bromley (11 mins), Stratton (20 mins), , Magic , Mt Snow and Killington (55 mins).
Getting There: Albany Airport, NY is a 1.5 hr drive ‘up the hill', Hartford, Conn is 2.5 hrs and Boston, Mass is 4 hrs.
Vermont Summer Horse Show: 2 July-11 Aug https://www.vt-summerfestival.com/
Things To Do: http://www.manchestervermont.com/things-to-do/
Country lodge architecture, situated on and overlooking the Green Mountains. Only a 5 minute stroll from the village of Manchester Center. Truly an escape form a hectic life yet close enough to everything to enjoy one's surroundings.
Bill & Susan are proud owners and professionally manage all aspects of their 14 home portfolio. We have over 10 years experience and this is a full time business vs. inexperienced owners renting their homes. We are very disciplined about maintenance, clean freaks AND available as needed. We stay in vacation homes and know the value of a hassle free stay. We have professional cleaning and maintenance staff.
A Jeffrey Barnes designed home inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright. Breathtaking views of the Green Mountains, secluded on a hill. Our 2600 sf (242 sm) home is literally built around historical 200 yr old axe-hewn beams. Wood trim, pine plank floors throughout provide a warm and homey escape feel. Three private BR's with their own bathrooms offer individual pause and for gatherings, enjoy the truly Great Room for the views and the fireplace. Spacious French kitchen and DR provide ample space to host a dinner party or just talk and hang out.